View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans may go WR in 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
A bit more kindling for the fire: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arget/related/

As to the latter, landing a player like Wallace can generate excitement in the fan base, take attention away from that basketball team in Miami (if only for a day), and maybe help sell some tickets and jerseys and hats and other stuff bearing the soon-to-be-unveiled new logo.

Of course, Wallace and his agent will know that, allowing them to apply a thumb or two (or other appendages) to the scale. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross may not care. He has both the cash and the cap space to overpay Wallace, and after failing in high-profile fashion to land guys like Jim Harbaugh in 2011 and both Jeff Fisher and Peyton Manning last year, we’ve got a feeling Ross will be ready to hand Wallace a blank check.

My thought:
Bowe and Chiefs reportedly working on long term deal, Miami possibly willing to shell out major bucks for another target for Tannehill and Jenning's injury history + not a field stretcher, Texans' options in FA may be dwindling.
I think the draft is pretty deep at WR this year and there are a lot of guys who should fall in the teens or early twenties that will fall and I think can still be a solid pick. None of the FA WR's really excite me with respect to how much money a bad team like the Colts will be willing to pay vs how much he's on the field and what he contributes.

I think we'll really get a good feel for how good these wideouts can be once they run their 40's, as this class might be on the small side, but there's a lot of guys with good speed (Woods, Patterson, Hunter, Auston, Williams, Hopkins).