View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans may go WR in 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I may be reading McNair wrong but he seems to really want a difference maker in a year with no standout pick at #27. As we need so much, I do not see him trading up in first and giving up picks. Option 1 is a vet FA. Option 2 is and most likely is standing pat and hoping someone falls in first or second round ala Mercilus and Reed.
A bit more kindling for the fire: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arget/related/

As to the latter, landing a player like Wallace can generate excitement in the fan base, take attention away from that basketball team in Miami (if only for a day), and maybe help sell some tickets and jerseys and hats and other stuff bearing the soon-to-be-unveiled new logo.

Of course, Wallace and his agent will know that, allowing them to apply a thumb or two (or other appendages) to the scale. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross may not care. He has both the cash and the cap space to overpay Wallace, and after failing in high-profile fashion to land guys like Jim Harbaugh in 2011 and both Jeff Fisher and Peyton Manning last year, we’ve got a feeling Ross will be ready to hand Wallace a blank check.

My thought:
Bowe and Chiefs reportedly working on long term deal, Miami possibly willing to shell out major bucks for another target for Tannehill and Jenning's injury history + not a field stretcher, Texans' options in FA may be dwindling.