View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013   #27
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Don't Want To Study For Accounting Mock Draft

OK. So let me wrap my head around all this.

1st rd: Keenan Allen, WR

2nd rd: Kyle Long, OL, or alternate pick: Brandon Williams, DT

3rd rd: Kiko Alonso, ILB

3rd rd: DJ Swearinger, FS (comp pick)

4th rd: Jelani Jenkins, OLB

5th rd: Kenjon Barner, RB

6th rd: Denard Robinson, WR

6th rd: Jake Stoneburner, TE (Casey let go), alternative pick: Michael Williams, TE (Casey stays) (comp pick)

7th rd: Michael Mauti, ILB

I think that's everything. Now on to the evaluation!

For me, I would go with B. Williams in the 2nd because I think it is a bigger need for the Texans, and I think Williams will give you better value in the 2nd. Just hope he's there when the Texans pick. In the 6th, I hope they keep Casey and go with M. Williams at TE. I really feel he will turn out to be a better receiving TE than most think and could turn into a real "red zone" threat.

I like Allen in the 1st and believe he may be there for the Texans when they pick. I think this would be a solid pick and would help the team immediately. Some on here would rather have Hopkins or Patton and those would be good too if that's who the Texans want. Alonso in the 3rd would be a good pick at a position of need. Just don't know if the Texans will take him because of his prior off the field issues (DUI and B&E) 2 years ago. Swearinger, I've heard good things about and he could be a good addition to the safeties as well as ST.

Jenkins in the 4th and Barner in the 5th, I don't know anything about, but I'm not sure the Texans will be looking at RB. I guess it depends on what happens with Tate and if they resign Forsett cheap. Robinson in the 6th, I don't think I like. He's a converted QB with good speed and change of direction, but his hands are a ???. May be a better RB prospect with PR/KR abilities. Not sure the Texans will even look at him as a WR. Mauti in the 7th, heck yeah! He only falls because of injury history. Could be a steal if he can stay healthy. It's worth the risk with a 7th.

If the draft fell this way with B. Williams in the 2nd and M. Williams in the 6th, I'd be ecstatic!

Great job!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote