View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013   #26
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Don't Want To Study For Accounting Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward and Marvin Harrison would beg to differ with you just off the top of my head. If Jerry Rice was any bigger it was only by an inch. You might also find the SB champs have a pair of 6'1" WR's.
I go with the assumption that all official heights are blown up at least an inch, until the combine actually makes it out to what it is.

I think Posey already fits that body mold you're talking about. I don't think there's a problem with having a 6'1 number one... but there has to be a big physical guy on the roster too. Someone who can go up there and outmuscle the defensive back for the ball. We saw that a lot with Andre fighting for balls that Schaub threw into tight windows or underthrew.

I believe that the team needs a big guy as a number one. I think that's a better statement than what I said earlier, because your examples go to show that there are smaller #1s too. I'm not saying Calvin Johnson big (because that's rare) but I'm looking for someone in the mold of Andre. I'm also not saying Andre - because, again, that's rare - but someone who can become like him. If Andre was 3 years younger I'd be going with Hopkins instead of Allen.

Now... if this team went with Hopkins this year (and I think Hopkins' stock will rise. He might be second off the board, with Cordarelle Patterson being first, and won't be available when we pick) and Tajh Boyd next year... that's a different story.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote