View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Vance Joseph on DBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post

Apologies for long post but making excuses for poor play is just silly to me. He had a freaking horrible rookie season. There's nothing wrong with admitting that and that he wasn't as NFL ready as the Texans touted to sell him to fans. What is important is he did develop and improve each year. Nothing wrong with going back and saying he played like **** when he did play like it. Don't know why it is difficult for fans to admit it.
We're just going to have to agree to disagree. You can put me on a top 10 passing defense & I'm going to look so good. You put me on the 30th rank defense, I'm going to look worse. My stats are going to look worse.

I just don't believe you can judge a players "NFL Readiness" on one of the worst defenses in the league. You can't judge a DBs "NFL Readiness" on the worst pass defense in the league. Sure, that rookie most likely played into that ranking. That's would explain why Arizona was 10th & not 4th (not saying that Arizona was 10th, it's just an example), that would explain why Cleveland is 6th instead of 5th (again, just an example). Kareem making us 32nd when we "should have been 31 doesn't mean he wasn't NFL ready.

Brian Cushing on that same defense did not look anywhere near the elite, 2 time DROY, LB that he is.

But for Kareem to play at the level he is now, just 3 years later leeds me to believe he was closer to that NFL Ready than not.