View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013   #36
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 5.0: PreCombine Double Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I agree that re-upping Schaub had to be a group decision between the Texans holy trinity. Where I disagree is the timing of the signing. There was no reason not to wait until the offseason. They could have tagged Schaub. They could have let him test the free agent market. He wasn't getting a better deal than what the Texans gave him. Way premature.
I dont disagree with you there .... Was just pointing out that at the time there was no clear upgrade available and Schaub had shown himself to be capable ..... they were putting up 30+ points a game with him under center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't mind them spending a 1st round pick or trading several picks to move up within the draft but they should not do it out of desperation but because they feel the guy will be a legitimate upgrade. Getting another 5th or 6th round rookie is just a wasted pick IMO. I'd rather get a kicker.
This is where Im at too .... no sense in taking another TJ Yates , he's already on the roster.

If you are going to draft a QB , it needs to be a guy who you think has the talent and mental makeup to actually replace Schaub by 2014 which is when they can get out from under the contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Dopp, IMO, Posey was the right pick.
Sanu doesn't have the speed; he's only averaging 9.6 ypc while Posey averaged nearly 15 yard per.
While I think Toon was a good receiver in college, his injury history didn't thrill me; sure enough, he was placed on IR the whole year.

Posey has decent size and very good speed.
His hands and route running are also better when I studied them in college.
Last year, I concentrated mostly on the QBs and receivers (same as this year.)
IMHO, Posey is the better overall player of those three.
I tried to tell you guy's that last year .... but Im just crazy.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote