View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #30
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vance Joseph on DBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, I do remember they said most NFL ready. I don't know if they said most NFL ready in the draft, or the most NFL ready of the remaining DBs.

I don't know this Robinson guy you speak of, but I do remember many people had Wilson & McCourty rated above Kj.

As far as I know, Wilson is still not a starter on his team. McCourty did have a great rookie season, but the Patriots did move him to safety. One could say that McCourty was the most NFL ready, but if you watch how the defenses played around them, it could be argued that Kj was actually the most NFL ready.
Holding it against Wilson for being stuck behind Cromartie & Revis is a bit unfair imo. Those 2 are quality cb's to say the least & if Kareem were on the same team w/ those 2 im sure he would be stuck on the bench as well. McCourty has proven to be a decent cb, & now safety from day 1, so if anyone was "NFL ready" it was him imo. Trying to convince otherwise would be a tall order because Kareem was pathetic & pitiful in 2010 while McCourty was a Pro Bowler.

Does it matter how or whom they were defining as "nfl ready"? They were wrong when its all said & done because outside of Haden the Texans had their pick of whomever they wanted. The Jackson pick was a surprise to most to say the least & it was justified by saying he was NFL ready...that was incorrect. No sense in crying over spilt milk, but it does raise questions about Kubiak & Smith's talent evaluations.

Patrick Robinson is a cb from FSU who was drafted by & started for the Saints this last season. Many analysts had him after Wilson & McCourty & some predicted the Texans could choose him. He was projected as 1st round talent by most in 2010.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote