View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Offense Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
There is a distinct difference IMO & it's not as if defenses are not use to seeing & adjusting to motions. Motion doesn't mean a play changed because motions are built into some plays & audibles are play changes or adjustments.

As far as motioning to detect coverages, that's nothing new to be honest. I'm not a big time gamer, but I'm pretty sure most Madden players are very aware of that game play to detect man or zone coverages. If gamers can utilize motion & figure it out, I'm sure NFL DC's are aware of it as well & know how to disguise their coverages.
I don't know either, but it is possible that one signal may mean to motion the Z receiver, another signal to motion the Y, or the X, still another to motion the fullback. For all I know, if the X motions to the slot, that may very well change every route.

It's been my observation, that when a play doesn't work, it's not because the defense had it beat from the get go. It's usually one of their players totally destroying one of our players. Either OD on the edge getting blown up by an OLB, like Matthews or Ninkovich, or Ben Jones or Chris Myers being blown up by Wilfork.

Again, we have & have had one of the most prolific offenses in the league. Normally I would think the end of the 2012 season to be an anomaly, but it looked an awful lot like the end of the 2011 season. So I do understand the concern. I just don't believe our audible system is the crux of the problem.