View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #45
sandman
Veteran

Rep Power: 36558 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Cost Of James Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
I agree though I rather see him at tight end. I like Daniels receiving wise but he can't block for crap. Casey has to be somewhat an improvement there and most likely can catch just as good as O.D. with a better chance at YAC. Could just be me but as the season went on Daniels didn't seem the same.

Something tells me though teams will look Casey as more of a TE than a FB and offer him better money than the Texans. I hope not but I still haven't developed faith in Rick Smith's abilities to work magic with salaries so here's to hoping it works out that we don't lose one of the actual athletic pieces on offense we actually have.
If he leaves, it is definitely as a TE. I can't imagine that he has that much market value as a FB considering the hybrid role he has played here.

OD had a respectable 4.8 YAC this year, and overall was obviously his best year in about four years thanks to injuries. Even though Casey had a 6.5 YAC, that may have been more scheme than anything else with passes to the flat and releasing from the backfield giving him more open space. It seems like towards the end of the season, Schaub was constantly throwing to OD right at the sideline on 5 yard out routes.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote