View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #38
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 50409 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When was the last time Gary Kubiak.....

Going into this year, five teams have won the Super Bowl during Kubiak's tenure, when he took over a 2-14 team.

This season the Texans went 12-4 while three of those Super Bowl winners didn't even make the playoffs.

The two remaining teams didn't make it out of the Divisional round.

So not only did they not get back to the Super Bowl, they didn't even make it to their Conference championship.

What's the point? Outside of a few dynasties in the last 40 years (Steelers, Niners, Cowboys, Patriots) it is a struggle for teams to consistently stay at the top.

There is nothing wrong with fans having expectations of their team winning a Super Bowl. And I think it was a fairly reasonable expectation of this team starting the season. And I think it is fairly reasonable to be disapponted in how the season ended. We're fans. We are emotionally invested in our teams.

But Jesus Jumping Christ, some of you act like this season was the biggest failure in the history of sports franchises.

This team has ONE season with 12 wins. Indy went SEVEN straight seasons with 12+ wins and got one Super Bowl out of it. I'm pretty sure some of you would have demanded that Peyton get dumped after the second season.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote