View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #37
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: When was the last time Gary Kubiak.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I would say the GB game casted some doubt amongst some & then NE completely exposed them. The tough matchups against the lesser jags & lions didn't help the case either. After the late season meltdown I can't recall anyone outside of fans that picked or believed the Texans were Super Bowl contenders. In fact, quite a few began to refer to them as not as advertised & frauds because they believed the 12-4 was hardly indicative of good of a team the Texans actually were or were not.

I'm not sure the bar has been raised that high when we claim success & progress for a season that basically resulted in nothing more then 2 additional regular season wins. If that's raising the bar, then the bar wasn't that high to begin with imo. I guess if some how they manage 13 wins, but once again fail to get out of the Divisional round then once again they technically progressed & we should rejoice.
People were skeptical slightly post-GB, and IMO, that ended after CHI. And I said people liked the Texans pre-MNF @ NE. Never mentioned anything post-December 10.

Not many at ALL are willing to accept a Div. round ceiling as of right now. A TON of folks weren't pleased with just beating Cincy last month. A few optimistic folks are claiming success doesn't = WE. Texans had a good season, but it wasn't a MASSIVE success when you look at what happened at the end.