View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #25
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 5.0: PreCombine Double Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Very valid points. I can track along with your very astute reasoning, however please consider this- Gary Kubiak & Matt Schaubs foreheads are in Rick Smith cross-hairs. As much as I agree with you, I expect the front office to give Mattie "not ice" one more shot as well QB guru Kubiak every opportunity to succeed.

Best way to save their collective a$$ is steller WR play opposite Andre Johnson. Owner wants it. FO wants it. Fans want it. If they pass on player like Patton it will be their destiny to fail.
I can definitely see your reasoning. At the end of the day, I would not be surprised if they went WR. However, if I was in the room with them, I would argue strongly for Williams. I would point to Wade Phillips and say that until Wade got here, the team stunk. The magical run of 2011 wasn't because of the offense, it was the result of the Defense playing lights out. The 2012 run to 11-1 wasn't the product of an overwhelming offense, it was the result of a swarming and smothering defense. The offense scored because the defense gave them short fields to work with. When the Defense lost too many parts, the offense was unable to pick up the slack because it is an average(at best) offense. When the team went to Chicago, the Defense won the game. When the Texans played the Ravens, the Defense shut out the opposing offense and gave the offense a chance.

The defense is much closer to elite than the offense. A player of Williams caliber, a healthy Cushing, and a healthy Joseph have the potential to make this defense downright scary. As much as Gary, Rick, the rest of the front office, Mr. McNair, and perhaps even some fans may want this to be an offensive team, its clearly a defensive one. Wade has made two defensive first round pick for Htown(Watt and Mercilus and throw in Reed as a high second) and they have been great. Watt looked phenomenal and Mercilus looked better than Barwin in less than a third of the snaps. Simply put, I trust Wade who has done an excellent job selecting talent.

Yes, a very good WR is needed (and I advocate that in the second via tradeup.) My concern is that Kubes will try to be smarter than everyone else and take a Devier Posey when Mohamed Sanu or Nick Toon was available.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote