View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #125
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Greg Cosell podcast preliminarily covers QBs:

Geno Smith no question he has NFL arm, bounces on drops(negative)
Matt Barkley weak arm, poor velocity, does not drive ball on deep throws, poor feet ... significant question as to whether he has the physical attributes to be a quality NFL QB

...covers Glennon, Nassib, Manuel in first 20-30 minutes of this link.
Your links are dead.

As for Barkley, watch his 2011 tape instead of 2012. He looked like a completely different player to me. He arguably had better WR talent to throw to in 2012, yet he regressed as a passer. I think the change of the offensive scheme killed his draft-ability in 2012. He doesn't look at all like the same player, and it seemed like 80-90% of his passes were 5 yards or less. I don't think that was on him, but rather on the playcalling. I think Barkley is a diamond in the rough this year, because what he showed in 2011 was much much much better than anything he did in 2012. Taking him mid-2nd or later would be a steal IMO.