View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #23
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Don't Want To Study For Accounting Mock Draft

4th Round: Jelani Jenkins, OLB, 6'0 237 Florida

Jelani Jenkins is going to be pushed down by a mediocre 2012 and injury concern. There are problems with him, but this is the fourth round and expecting first round talent is setting yourself up for disappointment. However, Jenkins can develop into excellent depth and a rotational pass rusher. He can also be put into coverage, which is something this linebacking corps outside of Cushing failed to impress in 2012. However, he needs to work on overpursuit and keeping the ball in sight, as well as dealing with inconsistent play. An offseason of conditioning could do him well and with some good LB coaching he'll evolve into a quality depth and rotational player.

5th Round: Kenjon Barner, RB, 5'9 188 Oregon

I promise I'm not an Oregon fan in disguise. This team needs deadly speed, and Kenjon Barner promises exactly that. He's not the physical runner that Ben Tate is nor the fluid patient back that Arian is. He's fast, and he will add a dimension of speed to this team that we sorely lack. Setting him up on screens and halfback passes makes him a threat to take it home every time. He's not a starting back, but a situational player that can do exactly what he's supposed to - change a situation into a game-winning one for our team.

6th Round: Denard Robinson, WR, 5'11 196 Michigan

I have my doubts that he'll be available this late, but CBS has him mocked late and if available, steal. I'm not sold on Keyshawn Martin for anything just yet, and I think we can use someone to push him for 3rd WR/slot receiver position. So here is Denard Robinson. The nerve damage might push him down this far, but if the medical staff evaluates him as capable of the WR position (and occasional trick play) then I say pull the trigger. It never hurts to add athletic talent to the offensive side of the ball, and in an offense that seems sluggish, players like Robinson might be exactly what they need. Also, if Kubes grows a pair, we could try some interesting trick plays with Robinson taking snaps.

Before I make the next pick, I'm going to elaborate on two scenarios. One is that James Casey leaves, the other is that he stays. The first pick is w/out Casey, the second is with.

6th Round: Jake Stoneburner, TE, 6'5 245 Ohio State

Look who it is! Just kidding, I'm not talking about Posey so much as I'm talking about the guy next to him. Stoneburner is a h-back style player that can fill the shoes that James Casey leaves on this team. A solid receiver with a frame and build more suited to making him a receiving tight end than a blocker.

Alternative 6th Round: Michael Williams, TE, 6'6 269 Alabama

Now, if Casey does choose to stay, we need a blocking TE. OD is not that and Garrett Graham as flashed good things but I'm not entirely sold on him. Williams has been asked to stay home and block and has been a integral part of the Alabama O-line that's been so highly touted by scouts. We could definitely use him with our O-line to try and revitalize a running game that ended up stalling our entire offense at critical junctions of 2012.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote