View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #9
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Offense Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With as much motion as the Texans use, there are less need to audible.

Each motion can be thought of as an audible.
When Schaub sent a receiver in motion from left to right; he can tell whether the D was in man or zone coverage.
When he sent Casey out from the backfield, he can see what kind of adjustment the D made. He then may have a second level of audible; he may change the play from a run to a pass, but now since the Offense is in a different formation from how they originally lines up, it becomes a completely different plays.

And like I've discussed before, Kubiak's offense now uses a whole lot more motion to show a whole lot more different formations each game as compared with the time he was in Denver.

In Denver, you may see 35 different formations out of a 60-play game.
Now, one might see as many as 50 some different formations.

In principle, this helps the QB to read what the defense is trying to do.
That's an interesting take, but I'm not necessarily buying it all. I don't think a player in motion equates to an audible. There is a distinct difference IMO & it's not as if defenses are not use to seeing & adjusting to motions. Motion doesn't mean a play changed because motions are built into some plays & audibles are play changes or adjustments. I don't think the Texans motion as much as you lead us to believe nor do I believe that every time they motion it's an audible. I wish I had a game recorded to refer back to to count the motions, but just from memory I don't recall the Texans just motioning constantly that it was noticeable has a high amount. Could be wrong, but I have my doubts.

As far as motioning to detect coverages, that's nothing new to be honest. I'm not a big time gamer, but I'm pretty sure most Madden players are very aware of that game play to detect man or zone coverages. If gamers can utilize motion & figure it out, I'm sure NFL DC's are aware of it as well & know how to disguise their coverages.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote