View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #24
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vance Joseph on DBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
To say that a player deemed "NFL ready" should be ready to play day 1 in any scheme is exaggeration.

Every player has limitations. 99% of players are better suited for one scheme over another. There are always areas that players excel at more than others.

Point is, it is unnecessary to exaggerate in order to prove a point, such as that Kareem was improperly evaluated by the Texans FO. That point is easily proven without exaggeration. It is something people tend to do on message boards to try and stand out, they start to exaggerate to make a point that hasn't been made before. It is why many threads turn into an unrealistic black and white discussion. Sorry it is just a pet peeve of mine. Carry on.
Then that is a mistake that is made by many associated w/ the NFL (analysts, draft experts, scouts, coaches, GM's, agents) year in & year out, but is hardly an exaggeration on some accounts as rookies have been able to come into the NFL & successfully contribute day 1. So the "NFL ready" description can be & has been accurate for some. It just so happens Kubiak & the Texans FO were wrong on their claim. Once again, if it was an exaggeration it was not one that I made, but one that I only revisited. Don't shoot the messenger.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote