View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #22
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vance Joseph on DBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I never said anything about Kareem and my comment was meant to be an overall obvious definition of the term "NFL ready." The definition I gave is clearly what the term means. As far as Kareem, he obviously was not "NFL ready." He has since improved and now is a formidable player. So, I'm not sure what you are trying to prove? That the Texans FO was wrong initially? Yes, your right about that.

I guess my post was simply to say that everything in your post is exaggerated garbage outside of you saying that the FO was initially wrong in its evaluation of Kareem. I'm sorry, I tend to come out of the shadows when I read posts that are so far from correct.

To act as if every potential prospect is not evaluated with scheme in mind by every single team that evaluates them is just wrong.
I'm not trying to prove anything. It's already been proven & I'm just stating it, which by the way you have admitted what I'm saying is correct. You responded to me, you were not part of my original post so it seems it is you who is trying to prove something but have failed to accomplish it. KJ was incorrectly evaluated by the FO & Kubiak despite their claims that he was "NFL Ready". That is fact, not exaggeration. It is also fact that the player selected was expected to be a starter day 1 & many, analysts & fans, were surprised by the Jackson pick & questioned it considering others such McCourty, Wilson, & Robinson were all still available to be selected & by far touted more then Kareem prior to the draft. The Texans justification for passing on the others & selecting KJ was that he was "NFL Ready".

Once again, "NFL ready" normally means ready to play & compete on the NFL level, as we have both agreed on, & if there are faults in ones game it normally noted & examined to no end prior to the draft. While all rookies need some developing those that are deemed "NFL ready" are normally used to describe the better ones that need little development to compete day 1 & other descriptions are used to describe those that lack in certain areas IMO. Words such as "raw" for example. I hope that helps clear up my definition of " NFL ready" for you because there was hardly much exaggeration, if any, & for the most part you seem to agree w/ most & yet fail to realize it. I suppose we will agree to disagree despite agreeing on most of my so-called "exaggeration". The shadows do seem best for some folks.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote