View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #21
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vance Joseph on DBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
So even by your own definition the Texans evaluation was completely wrong because Kareem was anything but ready to compete in the NFL as a rookie. Normally competing equates to being somewhat effective, so I'm not quite sure what your argument is because Kareem wasnt effective in any scheme nor did he compete. This has NOTHING to do w/ being a "star" & everything to do w/ being able to at least hold your own a majority of the time which is what the Texans falsely believed & preached. We all know that the Texans were looking for a cb & wanted one that could start from day 1 w/ the 1st round pick. They werent picking Kareem to be the "NFL ready" bench warmer. KJ was a starter as soon as the Texans called his name & obviously he was not ready for the NFL.
I never said anything about Kareem and my comment was meant to be an overall obvious definition of the term "NFL ready." The definition I gave is clearly what the term means. As far as Kareem, he obviously was not "NFL ready." He has since improved and now is a formidable player. So, I'm not sure what you are trying to prove? That the Texans FO was wrong initially? Yes, your right about that.

I guess my post was simply to say that everything in your post is exaggerated garbage outside of you saying that the FO was initially wrong in its evaluation of Kareem. I'm sorry, I tend to come out of the shadows when I read posts that are so far from correct.

To act as if every potential prospect is not evaluated with scheme in mind by every single team that evaluates them is just wrong.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote