View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I would do with the power this offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think you always over pay in FA.
According to these guys, he's going to cost us $3.7M against the cap in 2013.

Cutting him this year will save us $3M

What didn't work last year, is the guys we were preparing to step in got hurt. Neither Newton or Jones were our 1st options at RT & RG. Butler who got hurt before the season & Caldwell were supposed to be those guys.....

Caldwell at LG would also be another option.

As far as "didn't work too well" we definitely struggled in short yardage & predictable run downs, but we still had the #7 offense in the league, Matt was one of the least sacked QBs, threw for 4,000 yards & Arian was the second leading rusher in the AFC, 6th (I think) in the NFL.

For some reason we like to focus on all the bad, but there was a lot of good things that happened on that OL as well.

Yeah, maybe I do tend to focus on the bad sometimes more than I should. What concerns me was the way the Offense performed the last 6 games of the season. A lot of the struggle with the O-line came during that period when Kubes had to keep changing the right side due to injuries and how some of the players were performing. On the bright side, it did give our young players (Jones, Newton & Brooks) some valuable playing time and experience. I look forward to them improving this coming season and solidifying the line for years to come. As for Harris, Butler, and "Gump," I'm not sure any of them make the team. Maybe Harris as insurance for Newton. The Draft should answer some of those questions.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote