View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans may go WR in 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hope the Texans don't screw this up.

If they see one of those 5 guys as "the" guy, then they need to do whatever it takes to get him. But if that means trading up to get him, he better produce like Torrey Smith or Julio Jones in year one.

If they don't see a guy like that, then use that first round pick on another area of need. ILB, Outside pass rusher, I'd even like to see a dynamic safety or a baddass tackle. or even trade out of the first all together & pick up another 2nd & 3rd round pick.
If there is a run on WR in the 1st, my guess is, if "their guy" is there in the low or mid 20's, they may try to trade up. But, more than likely, they will stand pat and "let the draft come to them," which seems to be Smith's M.O. Can they still "screw it up" doing it this way? Of course! No guarantees in the draft!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote