View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Don't Want To Study For Accounting Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
This is where we differ on Allen - I think he has reached his peak , you see him as unfinished. Whoever is right on this evaluation is the big winner ... one way or another.

Long .... You know I like ... I just dont think he's ready to contribute tomorrow morning when this team needs him. 18months , two years down the road , yeah , I love his upside.

Kiko .... meh. We'll just have to agree to disagree on his evaluation. I think he's a bust in the NFL.
Allen hasn't played since October because of a sprain to his posterior cruciate ligament that didn't require surgery. He will be medically checked, poked & prodded. He played only 9 games his Junior season & you think he has reached his peak, on what basis? Remember Marvin Jones? Keenan developed along side him as a freshmen & sophomore almost doubling production one year to next. Keenan was on pace to destroy those numbers his Junior season when injured. Allen has an NFL body teams covet, lean cut & athletic for position, with plus YAC which would make sense for Texans similar to how they use Andre now so he is a perfect fit for Kubiak. Andre could focus more on taking the cover off defenses & drawing defenders out of the box while Allen works underneath.

Long would add much needed depth on the offensive line. His contract could offset cutting a veteran player so he could be next man up or even start. He is an inside mauler type Texans/Schaub would really love to have. Like his family he was a DE who converted late. He dwarfs those two by the way, his natural position is LG where he started & dominated for Oregon.

Alonzo has some Clay Matthews in him, very instinctive. He could easily play OLB as well thus adding another dimension & salary cap savings. He is a three down LB with special teams value. Expect solid combine numbers from him in his drills, not sure about forty or bench, but looks to have excellent footwork.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote