View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cosellís Take: Running quarterbacks are great, but throwing from the pocket is st

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I haven't seen enough from any of these guys at the pro level to make me think they'll be anything more than Michael Vick. Like Vince Young, everything I've seen has been to wide open guys.

I watched a few of RG3s games at Baylor & then I saw some highly accurate throws, so I think he has the ability. But there are a lot of QBs that are accurate in college that can not & have not made it in the NFL.

This may be the first time that we've seen three guys like this in one season, throw Andre Luck in there & I can see why people are thinking the NFL is changing. But RG3s knee is the reason I know it won't. Michael Vick playing a handful of 16 game seasons... I know it won't change.

He's a QB until he tucks the ball & run. He's fair game, until he initiates a slide. But even then, you can put a hurt'n on a QB (remember Cushing against the Browns a while back) & get a 15 yard penalty (we didn't get a penalty) but lose your QB for that game (I don't think they lost their QB but he wasn't 100%).

Kaepernick is cheap right now, so winning is probably more important than protecting their QB. Wilson is cheap, so winning is probably more important than protecting their QB.

RG3..... you can bet your ass they're going to start the season with a lot of talk about protecting their QB.
I know you are saying you haven't seen them enough but I disagree with the assessment that much of it is to wide open guys, etc. These weren't simplified offenses they ran. It is one reason I think Kaepernick was such a stud. Every game I watched he was fitting the ball in tight spaces. To your TV it might look easy but there were plenty of throws to the outside and down the hash that were in the only place they could be....especially ones to Vernon Davis. I saw the same from RG3.