View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Talk Radio, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
OK - I listened to it, and Josh "taking umbrage" at the beginning wasn't over-the-line, just radio guy sticking up for radio guy.

Then it happened...

Josh starts taking shots and doing his best to belittle Steph and her "little blog". If he'd taken the high road and just stated the he'd agree to disagree, it'd be one thing. He chose to take the standard JI path of "I can't match you, so I'll try to bring you down".

I've had disagreements with Steph over her take on certain issues over the years, but I never felt any necessity to take this route.

Why? I guess it's because I'm not trying to be a sports-radio shock jock, and I'm trying to have an informed debate. It's also because I have great respect for her. Sure, blogging about the Texans seems like a dream job to many and in some ways I'm sure it is. It also means growing a pretty thick skin. Just like politics, you're going to have a sizeable group that vehemently disagrees with what you're saying. That's fine from your average respondee on Chron.com, but it's not supposed to be acceptable from the "professional" community.
Well there you go, getting paid for something does not make one a professional.