View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Don't Want To Study For Accounting Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Just because Long isn't ready to contribute right now shouldn't deter you from drafting him. You have to always look and think long term. If you think a guy can be a great player 2 yrs down the line, you draft him. If you don't,someone else will and your team will have to compete against that guy.
Under normal circumstances , I'd agree with you on this , and remember in my first mock I had Long in the second round.

Things are a bit different this offseason at least in my opinion , the team is very close to a superbowl and I think the window of opportunity is short.

The players drafted in the first half of this draft need to step in and contribute early and often while shoring up weaknesses at those positions.

I dont think Long is ready to contribute as a rookie making a position change at the highest level of play.

I only see Schaub here one or two more years .... there is no telling who replaces him. For Schaub to be successful .... He has to have real good protection.

Now ... if Schaubs eventual replacement is a top 3rd of the NFL type that window of opportunity grows wider because this team is pretty young at its core. But its hard to know who your replacement is that far out. I just think next season is an all or nothing proposition and we cant afford a project player that high .... despite having all the tools and athleticism Long is a project in the NFL.

Damn if Schaub doesnt limit us on the field , now he's limiting us in the draft .... (thats suppose to be semi sarcastic)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote