View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cosellís Take: Running quarterbacks are great, but throwing from the pocket is st

I think what Cosell is saying is that a running QB alone won't cut it but the new breed works because many can throw in the pocket. I think RG3 and Kaepernick, especially, could thrive in the pocket alone if they needed to and then scramble. Not sold on Wilson completely compared to them. Like his makeup but his ability seems more predicated on designed roll outs and not sure about just being purely in the pocket. Both RG3 and Kaep. have big time arms and seem accurate enough to make every NFL throw. I was impressed with that all season. If they were both fast guys with limited throwing then there would be an issue. The difference between them and Vick in my book is the accuracy. Vick has a cannon but he is prone to overthrow and skip passes. Always has. The only year I can remember thinking, "he really looks like he is throwing well" was the first with the Eagles and then he went backwards.