View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cosellís Take: Running quarterbacks are great, but throwing from the pocket is st

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
How can you say Wilson isn't a true running QB? I watched a lot of Seahawks games last season (wife is a Seahawks fan), and Wilson's athleticism really shined.

Just take a look at this play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4AyYF_7gHQ
Seattle mixed in some zone read as the season went along, but he is not going to go Cam or Cap or RGIII and run the option 15-20 times a game. He makes plays with his legs, but that is not different historically than Tarkenton, steve young, etc.

I saw wilson interviewed later in the season and until mid-point this season he never ran the zone read in college and very few in any designed runs. He has mostly played classic QB with the ability to make plays using his feet.