View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013   #44
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Cost Of James Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
Casey will get more than the $615K he made this season. He deserves it and the Texans should pay it. But he shouldn't break the bank, and I doubt the team will put an offer on the table that will. If he goes in FA as a TE to another club, then so be it. But I think it would be stupid for the team to simply let him walk. He is way too versatile a player. IMHO.
I agree though I rather see him at tight end. I like Daniels receiving wise but he can't block for crap. Casey has to be somewhat an improvement there and most likely can catch just as good as O.D. with a better chance at YAC. Could just be me but as the season went on Daniels didn't seem the same.

Something tells me though teams will look Casey as more of a TE than a FB and offer him better money than the Texans. I hope not but I still haven't developed faith in Rick Smith's abilities to work magic with salaries so here's to hoping it works out that we don't lose one of the actual athletic pieces on offense we actually have.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote