View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013   #12
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 5.0: PreCombine Double Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
This is a similar mentality that netted Posey in 3rd instead of Randell in the 2nd. I just don't think the Texans can risk being cute & bypass or lose a shot @ clearly superior WR prospects given state of franchise needs.
I think Williams could be a huge upgrade at NT and will enormously help this D. By the time the combine finishes, I think he will grade out as a first rounder. If he is available, I say take him. There are not a lot of really good NT prospects with size and athleticism. One thing you don't want to do is grab a player of need ahead of BPA. In 2004 the Texans passed on Vince Wilfork because they felt they had a big need at CB. They selected Dunta Robinson.

There are 12 really good WR options(pre combine).

Allen, Williams, Austin, Hopkins, Hunter, Patterson, Rogers, Hamilton, Woods, Wheaton, Davis, and Patton. Let's say that Allen for sure goes before #27 and Patterson likely as well. That leaves 10 options. If Brandon Williams is taken at 27, the Texans can then use a non compensatory pick to move up from end of the second to middle of the second (say around 12-16). At that point, Hopkins and Williams are also probably gone. However, they should be able to get at least 1 option out of Hunter, Rogers, Hamilton, Woods, Wheaton, Davis, and Patton.

A combo of Brandon Williams plus one of the other WRs may be a better combo than WR in the first and another position in the second.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote