View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Don't Want To Study For Accounting Mock Draft

Quote:
3rd Round: Kiko Alonso, ILB, 6'3 242 Oregon

Yeah, I'm drafting lots of Ducks. This guy is versatile. He could even play outside, that's how athletic he is. At the third round you're looking at guys who could develop into quality starters, and I think Alonso could be a total steal. He and Cushing would be a terror together. Alonso plays to the whistle and with an aggression that would compliment Cushing's perfectly.
I like Alonso too and think he would upgrade the ILB spot a lot. But, the big question is, would the Texans take him with his prior arrest record (2 yrs ago)? Here's something I found on the NFL.com Combine site:

Quote:
Alonso made his own difficulties early in his career at the University of Oregon. He was suspended for the entire 2010 season after a DUI arrest (while also rehabbing a torn right ACL suffered in the spring), then was forced to sit out the 2011 opener after being arrested the day after the team’s spring game for breaking into someone else’s apartment and passing out due to intoxication. He came back that season to eventually become a major contributor, including earning the Rose Bowl Defensive Player of the Game award in the team’s win over Wisconsin (five tackles, 2.5 for loss, 1.5 sacks, interception).
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote