View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What I would do with the power this offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
True. But how much is W. Smith making and how much counts against the cap? I didn't think he had that big of a contract or that much that would count against the cap. I know he's getting up there in age and may be losing a step, but he did just make the Pro-Bowl (His 1st I think.).
I think you always over pay in FA.
According to these guys, he's going to cost us $3.7M against the cap in 2013.

Cutting him this year will save us $3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Will Brooks be able to step in and do a better job right away or do they have the time to let him develop early in the season? I don't know, but it didn't work out too well last year on the right side of the line when they cut Winston and let Brisiel go FA. That continuity thing takes awhile.
What didn't work last year, is the guys we were preparing to step in got hurt. Neither Newton or Jones were our 1st options at RT & RG. Butler who got hurt before the season & Caldwell were supposed to be those guys.....

Caldwell at LG would also be another option.

As far as "didn't work too well" we definitely struggled in short yardage & predictable run downs, but we still had the #7 offense in the league, Matt was one of the least sacked QBs, threw for 4,000 yards & Arian was the second leading rusher in the AFC, 6th (I think) in the NFL.

For some reason we like to focus on all the bad, but there was a lot of good things that happened on that OL as well.