View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper 2013 Mock Drafts

WRs ahead of our pick:

Quote:
12 Cordarrelle Patterson *Miami Dolphins (7-9)
COLLEGE: Tennessee AGE: 21 HT: 6-3 WT: 205 POS: WR
Analysis: This is where I projected Patterson the first time around, and I still like it. The question is whether Patterson will still be around this far down the board. The Dolphins need pass-catching help for Ryan Tannehill, mainly of the impact variety. They need a legit matchup problem. Patterson had just one year in the SEC after spending two years at the junior-college level, but he's got the skill set you want for a pick this high. Very good hands, he can beat cornerbacks with his height and strength, and he'll beat defenders for 50-50 balls. He can hurt you after the catch, and the value makes sense.
Quote:
22 Keenan Allen *St. Louis Rams (from WAS) (7-8-1)
COLLEGE: California AGE: 20 HT: 6-3 WT: 210 POS: WR
Analysis: The Rams lock down some blocking help, then get a wide receiver who can help them immediately. That would be a productive first round. It's possible I've worried too much about how well Allen will run, because aside from what should just be a pedestrian 40 time, he can do everything else well. He has a prototypical build, long enough to be taller than most corners, but lean and strong enough where his burst is very good, and quickness out of breaks isn't a question. His hands are very strong, and dependable, and he works back to the ball. A one-time safety, he has game smarts and helps his QB. Sam Bradford will benefit from his presence.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote