Thread: PreCombine
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013   #26
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PreCombine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If the Texans are offering $4M for 2012 & they expect offers to be in that range..... $6M at the most, then I'd take the one year deal. If he has the season he expected to have, he'll be offered $8M - $12M/yr. If he has a repeat of 2012, that $6M/yr wills till be there.

If I were Rick Smith, I'd tell him I need to know by March 12th. If he is undecided, our offer goes away & we start over, meaning it will be lower, $2M... past March 12, we're moving forward as if Barwin is not part of this team.

I think the players feel they are onto something special & want to stay. Unless they believe they'll get interest from the other contenders, I think we should be able to work out something "reasonable"
I just wonder if Barwin wants to stay. I know he will say that, but Mario said the same thing. When teams start waving that stupid $$$ at him I guess we'll find out if he really wanted to stay, just like Mario.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote