View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
As I said earlier, its an exaggeration to justify one unproductive player who doesn't deserve to be a starter. If blocking is a wr's best asset, that is a problem regardless of someone tries to.spin it. I am just glad McNair is FINALLY making it known that he believes a playmaker is needed, not just a blocker.
Where Walter excels over the other WRs is on the edges of the OL. Like a TE who traps a DE inside, or delivers a wham block to an unsuspecting DT/LB coming up the middle.

Jacoby was a better blocker on the edge, I think, because he'd pull the DB away from the LOS, the safety would have to pay attention to him, & Jacoby would block the CB on him allowing Foster to break a 30 yard run & Foster could use him to set up the safety.

Andre sucks (at blocking, he was particularly bad against New England in the divisional round).

Walter is a flex player, imo, WR/TE. He's a better Owen Daniels, since OD can't block worth a sht... not that Walter could block a DE head up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Too bad the HC is once again needing to be guided by the owner on what is needed to improve this team, but that's for another thread.