View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013   #72
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I would like to think impact is more than be better than Kevin walter. as a pass catcher nearly anyone who gets the number of snaps as Kevin has can drop 40 catch and 500 yards. as you pointed out several rookies who were technically WR3s matched that 'prodcution. the texans need players who can cut into Andre's production because they offer something that makes the defense accountable to them.
I kinda of relate this to the "baby steps" approach that Kubiak & his FO choose to utilize to show progress of any kind. We all have heard how Kubiak thinks Walter is an asset to the offense & considering he has refused to replace him or address the position adequately we can only assume any player that can produce MORE then Walter would most definitely have an impact on the Texans offense imo. I realize the bar isn't set high & "impact" is normally used for greater accomplishments, but this is the Texans led by kubiak. Small steps are glorified in Houston & 60+ receptions w/ 600+ yards would be great in year 1 IF that player shows promise to only get better. Getting Andre's eventual replacement is key, but as you mentioned we won't know that about a player until probably year 2 or 3. Until then we would need them to step in yr 1 & only produce better then Walter has, which shouldn't be difficult, & that would make an "impact" on the Texans imo.

As far as Harvin, the Texans can't afford him nor have they shown the willingness to deal w/ players whom others have deemed headaches. Can't see it happening & I'm not sure if I would want it to considering Harvin's past run ins w/ his organization & his injuries. There are options w/ less baggage imo.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote