View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I realize 50 receptions may not seem like a lot to some, but to me that is more then Walter contributed & thus would be quite an impact for the Texans. Especially if you take into account the yards & TD's that were accumulated w/ those receptions for some of those rookies.

My definition of "impact" is any player who can surpass Walter's production in year 1...
With the way our offense runs, he'd have to be a really special guy for Schaub to even target him as much as he targets Walter. We've got several options, where many other teams who grab these 1st round WRs don't.

With that in mind, I don't care if he matches or surpasses Walter's production in yards or catches. I'd be happy with 20 to 30 catches with a 14+ yard average. The biggest difference between Torrey Smith & Kevin Walter is that Smith has 14+ yard catches (like a WR) where Walter has numbers that are more like a catching TEs. IMO, Harvin has numbers similar to Walter's, but Harvin is a threat with the ball in his hands where Walter is not.