View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Sports Talk Radio, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Thanks to podcasts those of us who are far away from Houston at times still get to hear the broadcasts and "In The Trenches" is definitely my favorite because it so emphasizes Football, NFL football, and especially Texans' Football.
Have you tried streaming? If you go to the station's website, they usually have a "listen live" link & you don't have to wait for the podcasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Now Lance is very knowledgeable about football for someone who's not played the game, but in other areas I sorta feel that he's over matched with the brainy and very articulate CP ?
Lance is ok, I don't have a problem with Lance. My issue is that when he says something, people think it's gospel. I've seen a couple of his articles, where he breaks down a play & he says this should happen, or that was supposed to happen & unless he was in the film room with the team when they broke down the tape & developed their strategy, he doesn't know any more than we do.

'76 does as good a job, I think better, because he tells you there are options. A WR have so many options at their disposal, that a DB has to put himself in position to cover the worse options, or the most likely option & use team mates (LBs & other DBS), the sidelines, and such to his advantage.

While there are some that don't want to agree, '76s break down of our secondary in Kj's rookie year was much more accurate than Zeirline's & it's easy to see the step changes from then to now with '76s take. It looked like an impossibility if you followed Zierline's.

& it's the same with the OL, the DL, the LBs.... we don't know what they're supposed to do, but we can evaluate their options & understand why they chose to do what they did. Then decide if it's a talent issue, a brains issue, a scheme issue, a technique issue, a communication issue, etc... The only thing we can't fix are talent issues but you can scheme around them.