View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Talk Radio, Texans

Steph, I have listened to talk radio since the days of Anita Martini & programming has deteriorated. It has gone to "entertainment" rather than sports talk. The devolving (if that is a word) is what I call bathroom humor; many think it humorous, but not me. John McClain's side trips into movies moved me down the dial. It reminds me of turning into a news station about 9-11 and the towers then watching talking heads pop jokes & having to watch some "celebrity" tell me what she/he thinks. I want info and debate on sports not Inness crap. I now work from my home which should increase my sports radio time over and above the hour drive to and from work I use to have. Not so. I have tried to listen to Rich Lord as I do have some respect for him, but then Josh I. and his ego came along. Not too long ago, I turned on 610 and heard Innes spouting about how he and Lord had done historical programming and blah, blah, blah. I almost called in but controlled my emotions. He just does not seem to understand that 610's ratings have more to do with Texans' contract than his "brilliance." IMO, Josh Innes is the worst talking head on the radio. Reminds me of a little girl in her first dress running around screaming "look at me everybody. Look at me!"