Thread: PreCombine
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PreCombine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree, Smith is getting up their in years, but he had an awesome year. 2011 wasn't bad either. Cutting him just don't make sense. The smart thing to do, would be to extend his contract to about 6 years total, big bonus & expect to cut him after 3.

If he's making $6M in 2013 (I thought it was $7M) I'd pay him an $12M signing bonus with $2M salary. Take a cap hit of $6M for the next three years & we can cut him after that third season with no dead money. Antonio gets a $2M raise, we save $3M on the cap, everybody's happy.
He's got a base of 9m for the coming season , 6m of which would count against the cap should he be cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Sorry, but I would rather go after Greg Jennings with that money.
You arent going to sign Jennings and replace Smith for 3m ... Jennings will might get a a deal in the neighborhood of what Smith makes this season from someone. I cant see him leaving money on the table unless its with the Packers and .... not That Much.

Bottom line , cutting Smith nets you 3m in cap space and 6m in dead money.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote