Thread: PreCombine
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PreCombine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree, Smith is getting up their in years, but he had an awesome year. 2011 wasn't bad either. Cutting him just don't make sense. The smart thing to do, would be to extend his contract to about 6 years total, big bonus & expect to cut him after 3.

If he's making $6M in 2013 (I thought it was $7M) I'd pay him an $12M signing bonus with $2M salary. Take a cap hit of $6M for the next three years & we can cut him after that third season with no dead money. Antonio gets a $2M raise, we save $3M on the cap, everybody's happy.
Sorry, but I would rather go after Greg Jennings with that money.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote