View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Sports Talk Radio, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Why would anyone listen to 610 anyway? You've got CP, Lance, Matt and Adam on 790 talking real sports. 610 is a joke - official Texans station or not. And it's not like the Texans have anything to say anyway other than banal platitudes from Shaub or Kubiak.
I tried switching to 790, but it's just not the same (I do listen to Koch & Kalu). I like 610, because during the season they have the most Texans' shows. I like to hear what the players say the week after a game. I know they don't get asked the "tough" questions, & they don't tell Schaub how bad he sucks, but it's better than imagining what they're thinking, like one particular poster likes to do.

However, since the end of the season, it's been more fodder than anything & it gets tedious. I know it's hard for them to come up with stuff to talk about, (I listen to the radio while I'm at work), but that's what they're paid to do. We've got the Texans & the Rockets. A lot going on with both of those clubs. Should be plenty to talk about.

Schaub topics pretty much rule the message board, but that's starting to die down & we're moving on to FA & the draft & there's no doubt in my mind that the people here on this board know more about FA & the draft than those guys do, and I can think of three guys who could put together 8 hours of draft talk & that's not including phone calls.