View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Talk Radio, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like Josh...

I was actually listening when he talked about you, and I actually agreed with his take.

That's nothing against you or anything you write. But on this topic, I agreed with him.

Most people that listen to sports radio listen for maybe 30 mins...maybe an hour at a time I would guess...

There are a lot of people that listen all day though...or for hours at a time...like me...

I hear more than enough sports talk...Texans talk...Rockets talk throughout the day...I listen to the radio as I get ready every morning...I listen on my way to work....I listen at work most of the day...I listen on my way home...I listen as I work out in my garage...

Everyday doesn't go like that (I do like music)...but some days go exactly like that.

I would not listen that long if all they did was talk about sports. The reason I listen is because of the variety of topics and conversations that occur. Plus, like you said, Texanstalk has a wealth of information on the Texans. How much can you talk about the Texans WR situation during the day? The cap space has not changed...nothing has happened draft wise...There's nothing going on right now Texans wise....I love the Rockets, but I normally listen to 790 for my Rockets fix...

I can understand people that tune in when they get into their car or turn on the radio at any given time....But you have to realize that this is an all day thing...they are talking when you aren't listening...

As far as the creeper radio thing....whatever I guess. Howard Stern is much worse, but if that's not your thing I'd say don't listen. I don't find what Josh does disgusting at all. Yeah, it's a little more "shock jock" than what you get from any other radio host, but I think it's funny. I realize it's not for everyone, but I don't consider myself the "lowest denominator" anymore than someone that doesn't like it considers themselves an uptight prude.

My suggestion would be if you don't like it, don't listen. That's the most powerful thing you can do.
I haven't listened to JI in awhile . He's like the loser guy who everyone knows and wants to talk about his loserhood . He's also got that , everything is bad , stuff that gets old . He bad luck sleprock .