View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Talk Radio, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Sounds like somebody is trying to get this Innes guy unemployed or another radio station besides 610 as the Texans' flag-ship station, or maybe both ?
I just want quality sports talk. Everywhere. My blog is sort of a response to not seeing/hearing the dialogue I wanted to read.

The next time that JI says anything intelligent about the Texans will likely be the first time. Most posters here know more about the team.

FWIW, a while back I got crosswise with Richard Justice. Long story. He messed with me on the radio in a way where it was very awkward because my husband was all wtf. I blogged about it to get RJ to stop because asking my editor to help me was not working until I blogged about it not on the Chron.

Years later, over time, RJ had me as a guest on his radio show, apologized, said nice things about the stuff I do. And that he's come around on the whole issue of journo v. bloggers.

JI asked me on Twitter what was creeper, casually sexist about what he does....which is totally disingenuous given what he said on his show and his stated position that his type of radio is a deliberate choice, and not just a guy being a bleephole dbag.

But maybe his question to me was real. (not likely). Maybe he doesn't realize how retrograde he can be. Sometimes, when you identify an issue with things, you can effectuate change for the better. I've seen it happen.

So I tilt at the windmills. I like redemption stories. Of course, one of the commenters on the blog hoped that JI would go to Dallas to rejoin former 610 guy Gavin Spittle who originally gave him the job. Is it ok for me to wish him on Dallas?

The comments of the blog post are a good read if you are sports talk radio sort. Very much gives a good snapshot of 2013 sports talk radio in Houston.