View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Lead NFL.......in RUNS on 3rd And Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
And at what point do we finally turn the corner & expect & want more from our team & quit using the tired excuse "we are better then we were in the capers/ casserly years"? At some point MOST would believe the bar has to be raised & that crutch of an excuse for underachieving has to give way imo. That could just be me though...
I'm pretty sure the bar has been raised. I am not using anything as a crutch. You're suggesting that we should have parted ways with Kubiak a long time ago. I wouldn't have been surprised had he been fired myself. But he wasn't.

I'm just pointing out that there is no guarantee we would be better off had we fired him. Would you be happy if we swapped places with the Lions? Since 2006 our franchise went the way as their's did & their franchise went the way ours did?

I have a feeling you'd be upset with McNair for not being able to find the "right" coach & making it to the play offs once since 2006 & being one & done at that. Your argument would be that 3 teams hired a head coach in 2006 that took their teams to multiple division championships, past the wild card round, & two of those teams won Super Bowls, while Bob McNair baby steps his way to a 4-12 season. You'd be calling for Schwartz head after 4 years, 3 of which were losing seasons (where Kubiak has only had 2 losing season after 7).

Now you're complaining that we didn't get past the divisional round of the play offs. The bar has been raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
You would fire Schwartz for losing control of the team... A bit of a double standard, don't you think?
Not at all, I'd have fired Kubiak after the 2010 season myself, but I understand why McNair didn't & I think his plan worked out better than mine would have.

I'm disappointed that we lost 3 of our last 4 games. I'm disappointed we didn't win home field advantage. I'm disappointed we didn't get past the divisional round. I'm disappointed we didn't win the Super Bowl. I'm shocked that coach Joe Marciano wasn't fired or resigned due to health issues. I'm scared, that we may have missed the best opportunities to win a Super Bowl (2011 & 2012) we'll ever have.

But I don't think it's time to blow it up & start all over, & I don't think Kubiak's or Schaub's better days are behind them. Next year is a whole new season & I'm anxiously looking forward to it.