View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013   #67
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Lead NFL.......in RUNS on 3rd And Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I never said Kubiak deserved any lattitude, only credit for what he has done. You're pretty good about pointing out all the bad, but there's some good in their as well. This organization is a lot better of than it was in 2006. That was my point, that can't be denied.

Again, each situation is different. We have an owner who didn't know the business of football when he got the team, knew even less four years later when Casserly & Capers left. Then we replace the crappiest GM in the league with a guy who never been a GM before, & our new head coach is also learning on the job. There's more to building a football team than putting a bunch of guys on the field & giving them a motivational speech, you know that.

They may very well be the case & just like there are teams that found instant success with new head coaches in less time than Kubiak, there are some that have done worse. The Cowboys, two years running they lose the last game of the year & the division (Last year, 9-7 won the division, 2012 10-6 won the division). Buffalo continues to spiral into the CFL, KC...... ten years later & no QB, no coach.

I'm not saying it was the right decision to keep Kubiak, but I like where the organization is now, compared to where the teams that hired new head coaches in 2006 & continue to play the HC carousel are.

I'd fire Schwartz because he does not appear to have control of that locker room, can't control his players, & he embarrasses the organization at least twice a year with his goofy rants. The only progress the Lions have made in the time that Schwartz has been there, is Stafford & Cj and that's probably more on the players than the coach. I may be wrong, tell me what other improvements have been made since Schawrtz has been with the Lions. 4 years into it, I could tell you that our offense had improved, I could tell you that our talent level had improved.

But, as far as not being fair, I wasn't comparing Kubiak to Schwartz, I'm comparing the Texans to the Lions since 2006.
I'm simply pointing out facts. Don't shoot the messanger because they are all not pleasant & some choose to forget & ignore history. It may be negative, but that's not my doing. And at what point do we finally turn the corner & expect & want more from our team & quit using the tired excuse "we are better then we were in the capers/ casserly years"? At some point MOST would believe the bar has to be raised & that crutch of an excuse for underachieving has to give way imo. That could just be me though...

Let's please not act as if kubiak has worked miracles & dealt w/ circumstances that no other new HC's have not dealt with. It sounds good for dramatic purposes, but some of the HC's I mentioned earlier have dealt with franchises that were obviously headed in the wrong direction & they were capable of turning them around quicker. Kubiak is hardly the measuring stick on how long it should take a HC to turn around a franchise because others have done it quicker w/ teams that at one point seemed just as pathetic as the Texans before kubiak.

You would fire Schwartz for losing control of the team...that's interesting. And how do think kubiak's leadership was perceived in the past when he had not only 1 BUT 2 players suspended for violating the drug policy to go along w/ a team that found every possible way to lose a game in 2010 & then topped it off in the same season against the Titans, of all teams, to have a complete meltdown that led many to believe the team quit on kubiak in route to a defeat...oh & let's not forget...that's the same game that Cushing & Antonio got into a shoving match on the field that ultimately got the Texans penalized. LOL! That was the lowest of lows for me that season & yet you suggest firing Schwartz for losing control of a team, but keeping kubiak after all that was ok. A bit of a double standard, don't you think?

I guess its safe to say...we will have to agree to disagree.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote