View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Lead NFL.......in RUNS on 3rd And Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
There is one huge difference that explains why the Saints & Packers are different from the Texans....Super Bowl appearences & wins maybe. Once again another example of how we glorify small accomplishments in attempt to justify the job kubiak has done thus far. He has not produced what McCarthy & Payton have & assuming he deserves the same lattitude seems foolish to me.
I never said Kubiak deserved any lattitude, only credit for what he has done. You're pretty good about pointing out all the bad, but there's some good in their as well. This organization is a lot better of than it was in 2006. That was my point, that can't be denied.

Quote:
Once again, other HC's have been fired by their teams despite doing equal to or better jobs then kubiak has done. Plain & simple.Todd Haley, Raheem Morris, & Tony Sparano all took their teams to the playoffs in less time then Kubiak & were ultimately fired before kubiak. Others such as Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh, Mike Smith, & Pete Carroll have also turned their teams around in much shorter periods of time then Kubiak & ultimately returned their respective teams to playoffs as well. Obviously some amongst that latter group have not only won the much coveted division title that we glorify in Houston, but they have taken it a step further winning Conference Championships & the Super Bowl. Hard to believe, but its true. Once again, all these accomplishments in less time then kubiak has had.
Again, each situation is different. We have an owner who didn't know the business of football when he got the team, knew even less four years later when Casserly & Capers left. Then we replace the crappiest GM in the league with a guy who never been a GM before, & our new head coach is also learning on the job. There's more to building a football team than putting a bunch of guys on the field & giving them a motivational speech, you know that.

Quote:
Kubiak is w/out a doubt a "baby steps" type of coach who is very fortunate that he works for an owner that accepts those baby steps as "progress" & has a fan base that glorifies them as well. I think this team is underachieving compared to others & I believe it starts at the top w/ a HC who is too occupied w/ being everyone's buddy as opposed to making the moves necessary to get this team to the next level. Coaches & players. Marciano is a perfect example as was Frank Bush & Richard Smith. Walter & possibly Schaub could examples of his player decisions.
They may very well be the case & just like there are teams that found instant success with new head coaches in less time than Kubiak, there are some that have done worse. The Cowboys, two years running they lose the last game of the year & the division (Last year, 9-7 won the division, 2012 10-6 won the division). Buffalo continues to spiral into the CFL, KC...... ten years later & no QB, no coach.

I'm not saying it was the right decision to keep Kubiak, but I like where the organization is now, compared to where the teams that hired new head coaches in 2006 & continue to play the HC carousel are.

Quote:
Side note- Mentioning the Lions as 1 of your failed organizations is hardly fair when you compare Schwartz's progress to Kubiak's. Schwartz progressed every season & returned a dismal Lions team to the playoffs, 3rd season, in less time then Kubiak accomplished it. Schwartz then regressed this season but how is that any different the kubiak in 2010? If anything most could say Schwartz is doing a better job then kubiak did early on. Just saying...
I'd fire Schwartz because he does not appear to have control of that locker room, can't control his players, & he embarrasses the organization at least twice a year with his goofy rants. The only progress the Lions have made in the time that Schwartz has been there, is Stafford & Cj and that's probably more on the players than the coach. I may be wrong, tell me what other improvements have been made since Schawrtz has been with the Lions. 4 years into it, I could tell you that our offense had improved, I could tell you that our talent level had improved.

But, as far as not being fair, I wasn't comparing Kubiak to Schwartz, I'm comparing the Texans to the Lions since 2006.