View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013   #24
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why no women in NFL GM positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
A GM evaluates talent. You don't have to play the game to be able to do that. I'm not familiar with many GM's, but I'm sure there have been successful ones who haven't played football.
That's true. Anybody can become a good GM if they understand the game and can recognize good talent. I've never held a front office position in the NFL, but I've been watching the game for 30 years and can evaluate talent when I see it at the high school or collegiate level.

A woman can definitely do a good job as a general manager in the NFL provided she has been following the game long enough and knows what to look for. It's just like a woman can become an owner of an NFL team, as there have been quite of few of those powerful women in the game already.