View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Every fan wants their team to be a dynasty... perennial division champs and multiple super bowl championships. At the same time, I'm realistic. Becoming a dynasty is extremely difficult and requires some luck on your side.

The Colts stuck with Dungy for five playoff seasons before they eventually made it to the Super Bowl. Are you suggesting the Colts should have let Dungy go and kept circulating coaches until they found one that brought them to the SB?
Probably helped Dungy that he had a perennially awesome QB who had that team knocking on the door of the Super Bowl quite regularly.

Kubiak doesn't have that to lean upon, so my gripe is that he's tied himself to Schaub...and by default that means Gary Kubiak is sinking his own ship rather than sailing with the wind.

I know, I know, "What other QB could he install into his offense right now?" Maybe he should think about an open QB competition; and genuinely make it a 100% true competition and not just for show?

To me, he can't blindly lean on Schaub due to the way the guy really sunk after the Detroit game. From that point forward, his QB spiraled downward with every game except the Titans away game and maybe our home game vs Colts. All other games were below standard.

So yeah, the Colts and Patriots are two teams whose QBs are almost the teams' real head coach in a sense...there is an understanding that you got no problem at QB, you're just trying to shore up whatever unit needs fixing and you're a threat (a LEGITIMATE threat) each year.

We were called frauds by the doof up in New England, and I recall Mike Lombardi calling us "soft" two years ago. I hate that those guys were dickweeds with HOW they said it, but that's sort of the truth when it's all boiled down to its base element.