View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013   #60
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I have read & my understanding is that Walter could be cut this season withOUT any hit to the salary cap. I don't have a link & would need to research it again, but that was my belief & it somewhat seems that is yours as well if I'm understanding your post correctly. Don't want to misconstrued anything. LOL! JK. Honestly, I think any savings is better then retaining Walter & believe it is simply time to move on.
Go to link posted http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/kevin-walter/

and look lower left hand margin and it states his roster bonus of $5m being paid and 2012 salary reduction. This is what Lucky & I are discussing. I thought if a player got an upfront roster bonus it could not be prorated. As his seems to be prorated, it must work as does a regular signing bonus. Not sure why Texans differentiated it as roster rather than signing.