View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013   #57
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Cody's cap number in 2012 was $3 million not $1.5. And you misconstrued pretty much every other number I posted. Lestar Jean and his potential have accumulated 6 receptions in 2 years. There's not a doubt in my mind that Kubiak would keep Walter over Jean if the number is close.
I don't think I misconstrued anything, I simply stated, as did you, that cutting Walter leads to some savings regardless of if its perceived as small or large it is ultimately money saved that could be easily used to UPGRADE the team as opposed to remaining status quo. Status quo is obviously not progression for a position that has needed an infusion of youth & potential for quite some time. Walter is not the answer nor does he seem to have much more to offer or progress, so, imo, its simply time to take the savings his salary has to offer & allow the younger wr's a TRUE opportunity to get on the field & progress as opposed to being stuck behind a wr who is on the decline.

As far as Jean, I think your portrayal of his stats & potential is quite a bit skewed & unfair to be frank because as most of us know he was placed on the IR for his entire rookie season & he suffered a knee injury in his 2nd season that obviously contributed to his lack of production due to recovery. Omitting those factors & acting as if they don't matter or worth noting hardly paints an accurate or true picture of what Jean is potentially capable of. It's not as if he played & simply disappeared in games similar to Walter is known for. Once again, a player needs an opportunity to prove worth & that is something that is limited w/ Walter in the way. Jean, Martin, & Posey have yet be given that luxury & I would hope, I say that w/ some doubt, that Kubiak would be smart enough keep young cheap potential as opposed to an overpaid vet who is past prime. "Hope" is the key word.

Side note, I was referring to Cody's salary & not his cap number. I was simply showing that a starting players salary could be easily paid for w/ the savings the Texans could be getting by cutting Walter. It's seems to be a small amount, but once again every penny counts when you are trying to progress as a team imo.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote