View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
One thing is certain, the prospective WR#2 won't ever be Posey. I love his upside and work ethic, but the fact that he wore patella braces throughout college was a sign that his Achilles injury was probably destined.

So where do we draft a receiver? Well, we also need a nose tackle, since Cody will either be cut or won't be in shape by preseason. Since the loss of Posey has only been an opportunity cost, the receiving talent has not regressed. But losing Cody will pose regression, so I think NT will be #1, and WR #2.
Although I agree with you & Wolfe about NT (see my precombine mock), I think it is highly possible, Ric Smith will go for a cheap vet in free agency. I am focusing on Barwin negotiations as off season progresses. If they have not completed a deal or moved on (ala Mario Williams) by draft, I could see another OLB in round one.

To your question on WR, I go in third round as my eliminating roster income allows us to go after a prime WR2 FA.